Unsolicited Submissions Policy
At Maersk, we appreciate feedback on our products, but we have a policy related to unsolicited submissions of ideas, proposals, suggestions, etc.
The purpose of this policy is to avoid any potential misunderstandings or disputes if products, services, features, technologies, advertising, promotions, marketing campaigns, content, or any other aspects of the business, already developed or about to be developed independently by Maersk or its contractors appear to be substantially similar or identical to any unsolicited submissions submitted or provided to Maersk.
Maersk: A.P. Moeller – Maersk A/S and any of its affiliates and employees.
Submission: Confidential or proprietary information including (but not limited to) ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, designs, inventions, unpublished applications for any type of Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), drawings, letters, emails, documents, marketing plans, photographs, brand names, product names, proposals, suggestions, artwork, content, and creative materials.
Purpose: Use of the Submission in (but not limited to) projects, advertising, promotions, campaigns, marketing strategies, websites, apps, books, scripts, software, research and development, products, services, equipment, processes, technologies, modifications or enhancement of products, services, equipment, processes, technologies.
Submitter: A natural or legal person making a Submission.
Maersk does not seek, accept, consider or review any unsolicited Submission for any Purpose. Hence, please do not send or provide Maersk any unsolicited Submission through any means, such as website, email, mail, etc.
By making an unsolicited Submission to Maersk, the following terms will automatically apply, regardless of any contrary statements contained in or accompanying the unsolicited Submission.
Maersk suggests seeking legal advice before making any unsolicited Submissions.
- The unsolicited Submission will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary by Maersk, and Maersk will not sign a non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement with the Submitter regarding the unsolicited Submission.
- The unsolicited Submission does not establish any kind of relationship between the Submitter and Maersk.
- The Submitter irrevocably and perpetually grant Maersk an unrestricted, transferable, worldwide, license to copy, reproduce, publish, upload, post, transmit, (re)distribute, publicly display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise freely use, the unsolicited Submission and any related intellectual property or any other rights, at its sole discretion and for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without any restriction or notice obligations, including, but not limited to, using it in new Maersk products/services or to improve existing Maersk products/services, without any compensation, in any form, to the Submitter.
- The Submitter waives all his/her moral rights in the unsolicited Submission, without any compensation, in any form.
- Maersk will not be liable for any use or disclosure of the unsolicited Submission in any existing or later developed media.
- Maersk will have no obligation to use, implement, review, keep, acknowledge receipt, return the unsolicited Submission, or otherwise respond to the Submitter in any way regarding the unsolicited Submission.
- Maersk's receipt of the unsolicited Submission is not an admission by Maersk of the unsolicited Submission's novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not impair Maersk's right to contest existing or future IPRs relating to the unsolicited Submission.
- The Submitter owns all rights in the Submission (including, without limitation, all rights to the text, code, audio, video, or digital recording and/or the performance contained in the Submission) or, alternatively, the Submitter has acquired all necessary rights in the Submissions to enable the Submitter to grant to Maersk the rights in the Submission as described in these terms.
- The Submitter has paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other financial obligations, of any kind, arising from any use or commercial exploitation of the Submission.
- The Submission does not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other IPRs, privacy rights, rules of social media sites, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party.
Maersk encourages feedback from its customers. Thus, if you want to submit feedback to us, please only do so by submitting your feedback through the appropriate websites, which are governed by the specific terms and conditions detailed on those websites. Please provide feedback on Maersk’s existing products and do not send or provide any unsolicited Submission otherwise.
Maersk’s support team cannot accept an unsolicited Submission, but only provide help or assistance with an existing product.
Thank you for thinking of Maersk.